G.E. Shaw's Commercial activities are structured to meet three distinct segments of the construction market:
- The company's Major Projects Division undertakes larger projects including construction of new buildings on Greenfield sites, large scale upgrades and refurbishments of existing buildings, and projects involving technical complexity. The Division has recently undertaken several projects involving the reconstruction of major ACT institutional facilities destroyed in the bushfires that swept through the Territory and surrounding regions in January 2003.
- The Fitout and Refurbishment Division specialises in projects that mostly involve the refurbishment or reconfiguration of existing buildings or tenancies as well as the fitout of new office accommodation, shopfronts and specialised practices such as dental and medical surgeries. The Division has the capacity to handle projects ranging from a few square metres to thousands of square metres. The Division has, for over a decade, provided fitout and refurbishment services to a large number of government clients under panel contracts. Our refurbishment personnel and subcontractors have extensive experience working in occupied buildings, and take considerable pride in undertaking projects with minimal disruption to ongoing functions and workers.
- The Building & Engineering Services Division is staffed by professional Engineers and Project Managers who, together with our specialised technical partners, can provide a full range of construction-related services including:
- Project Superintendence
- Building Structure Inspections and Audits
- Building Services Condition Audits
- Building Services and Equipment Upgrades, including electrical, mechanical and fire
- Provision of ad hoc Construction Advice
- Pre Purchase Surveys
- Dilapidation Reports
- Energy Usage and Environmental Management Auditing
- Special Projects including Asbestos Remediation
- Compliance with the Building Code of Australia and other Codes and Guidelines
- Site Contamination and Hazards
- Quantity Surveying
- Occupational Hygiene
- Asbestos Remediation
Click on the thumbnails below for larger photos.